Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ready for snow!


So, I wasn't too upset about not having my dreams come true with a white Christmas. After all, its one specific day that snow has to arrive on, & the D.C. area is known to have little, if any, snow during December. However, there are many thing still wrong with this scenario for a gal who moved away from the dry, non-seasonal desert to a lush place with beautiful 4 seasons & has a need for snowy winters (if its going to be super cold, it might as well be pretty & fun!). First, its late January-prime snow storm time & the temps are staying well below freezing with nasty wind chills (all the more reason snow is needed...beautify the nasty stick land & give you a reason to go outside), but no snow...only cold cold rain earlier this month (temps staying JUST above freezing for that). Second, Vegas, of all places, had a few snow storms, allowing my sister to have a snow day from school....honestly?! I never knew what a snow day was until I moved to Utah, & even then I didn't get one day off, even if we got a foot or so of snow. Lastly, to put salt in the wound, I find out from a friend's blog that Gaithersburg, MD, less than 1 hour's drive from here where we just moved from, actaully got snow a couple days ago. Why am I a snow repellant?? *SIGH* SO, I'll just keep on being enormously grateful for a warm home & a car witha heater, and I'll continue to pray & hope for snow...at least for my birthday. Any prayers are welcome in my behalf! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment