Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!







Happy Mother's Day to my mom, mother-in-law, sister, sisters-in-law, & all the other wonderful moms I know out there. You are so wonderful, its ridiculous! I was so excited for my Mother's Day, in desperate need of a break & some good ol' appreciation....that is, until Justin got pretty sick with a nasty cough & fever (which he caught from the recovering Sophie) the day before. So, besides the flowers I got the night before, it was a typical day for Mama until he mustered up some energy while I was resting & cooked us a wonderful dinner of BBQ'd Rib Eye steak, baked potatoes, green beans, & a strawberry/candied pecan salad that was all so yummy! (I wish he'd cook more often!) He crashed right after dinner. Oh well-I'll get my day off some other day...soon, I hope. :) In the meantime...get well soon, Justin! Sophie was really sweet and shared her blanket with him to cough into, saying, "Here, Daddy." (On a side note, she asks for blanket ANY time she is disappointed or sad...she offers it to others ONLY when she sees they're having a really hard time. It's really cute when she does!) We love our family! P.S. If you look close, you get a good shot of the baby bump-I think I must have a good "oven!" Included is our "Chatty Cathy," Sophie, making the mother's day phone call rounds. She sure has a lot to say, & she makes it fun to be her mom!

2 comments:

  1. That's our favorite picture of Justin!! And we think you are dreaming about any type of "bump"-nothing there-you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love that picture of Justin too!!! And not because it's aweful and sick, but because it's MOTHERS DAY!!!! AAAHHHH!!! Isn't life just like that?

    ReplyDelete